Monday, August 25, 2014

WIP digital piece: Queen of Hearts

Digital Piece in progress:

It's been a while since I've done a full digital piece, probably a full year by now since the last piece was for my board game, Marmora. I have a love for dark fantasy art, and I love Alice in Wonderland, so I thought I would take a more gothic approach to the Queen of Hearts. Since I have a past being a traditional airbrush artist, I tend to enjoy smoother rendering styles when it comes to digital work. Eventually, I would like to be comfortable enough in my rendering skill to not have to rely on a black outline to keep me in focus and neat. 
So here she is, about 50% done. I'm only using 2 basic brushes for this so far. Many of the colors are not finalized yet since I'm still looking for the best contrast.


No comments:

Post a Comment