Monday, September 9, 2013

Video Game Music

Along with having a love for games, I've always had a deep passion about music. Having been a pianist for the majority of my life, I hope to compose and create my own music for my final thesis at Ringling. Aside that, I always find myself drawn to the music in video games, movies, exc. I love to collect soundtracks and I tend to pay more attention to the music in games more than I do the gameplay at times. A soundtrack can impact a game so much, whether it be creating the mood or simply complimenting the gameplay. Here are some of my favorite songs from my favorite game soundtracks.
Heavy Rain as a whole has a beautiful soundtrack. Definitely take a look at the other songs in the score as well. I've played this piece on piano before and I absolutely love it.



Nier. Though I have never played this game, the soundtrack is beautiful.



Catherine. I have not played this game mainly because I am awful at puzzle games, but I love the music in the game. This piece is also fun to play as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment